Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cilla shuns Dallas remake



Direct from Contact Music:

ELVIS PRESLEY's ex-wife PRISCILLA is "very reluctant" to sign up for the silver screen version of US soap DALLAS, because she doesn't believe the TV series can be improved upon. While stars including JENNIFER LOPEZ, JOHN TRAVOLTA, SHIRLEY MACLAINE and LUKE WILSON are clamouring for parts, Presley isn't keen on reliving the fortunes of the rich EWING family. And Presley, who played JENNA WADE in the show, is unsure the 1980s programme will translate to modern culture. She says, "I'm very reluctant about it because I don't know how it can get better than what we had. This is a whole new generation and I don't know if they will appreciate it as much as our generation. "We grew up with it, we knew the characters very well, we knew the actors very well. It is a different time period now. I don't know if I would want to be in something that was already successful and risk myself with something that may or may not be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home